Islington Borough Ladies beat Brook House to go fourth
- Credit: Archant
Goals from Zoe Britton and Jordan Harris lifted Islington Borough Ladies to fourth place in the Greater London Women’s League table with a 2-0 win over Brook House.
Britton opened the scoring in the 24th minute with her fourth goal in two games, a spectacular half-volley on the turn that dipped over Brook House goalkeeper Lauren Getty.
And Harris doubled Islington’s advantage midway through the second half, collecting a clever through ball from Tiffany Ward and blasting home from just inside the penalty area.
Brook House had scored in every previous league game this season, but they were unable to find a way past Maggie Ahern.
The Islington goalkeeper denied Elisha Allen with an outstanding fingertip save late in the game – her third shut-out in the last four matches.
You may also want to watch:
“There is a wonderful buzz about the team right now,” said Islington Ladies manager Steve Fraser.
“Everyone is fighting for playing time, working hard in training and it’s showing in the excellent quality of their play on Sundays now.”
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 3 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 4 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 7 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close
- 8 £1.5m revamp of Stroud Green Primary School given go-ahead
- 9 'Holborn isn't the only dangerous junction for cyclists and pedestrians'
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing
Islington face Katabella in the league on Sunday at Douglas Eyre Sports Ground (kick-off 1.30pm).