Islington Borough Ladies escape the drop and win two trophies
- Credit: Archant
Islington Borough Ladies finished their season on a high as they escaped relegation with a late burst – and picked up two trophies.
The team won four of their last six matches, including a 1-0 success over third-placed Headstone Manor on the final day to retain their place in Division Two of the Greater London Women’s League.
Islington then took part in the Pro5 Futsal tournament at the Copper Box Arena, overcoming tough battles against Bristol City Ladies and Westminster Ladies to advance to the Plate Final.
Yemisi Ebofin scored twice in Islington’s 3-1 victory over tournament hosts Pro5 Ladies and was named player of the final, with Hollie Bennett also on the scoresheet.
The Islington side were also crowned champions of the GLL Women’s seven-a-side Spring League after winning nine games and losing just one.
You may also want to watch:
The club are holding open trials for next season on Wednesday July 1 and 8 at Whittington Park 3G artificial football pitch, Holloway Road, from 6.30pm to 8pm.
For more information, email email@example.com or call 07712 552364.
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller