Islington Borough Ladies escape the drop and win two trophies
- Credit: Archant
Islington Borough Ladies finished their season on a high as they escaped relegation with a late burst – and picked up two trophies.
The team won four of their last six matches, including a 1-0 success over third-placed Headstone Manor on the final day to retain their place in Division Two of the Greater London Women’s League.
Islington then took part in the Pro5 Futsal tournament at the Copper Box Arena, overcoming tough battles against Bristol City Ladies and Westminster Ladies to advance to the Plate Final.
Yemisi Ebofin scored twice in Islington’s 3-1 victory over tournament hosts Pro5 Ladies and was named player of the final, with Hollie Bennett also on the scoresheet.
The Islington side were also crowned champions of the GLL Women’s seven-a-side Spring League after winning nine games and losing just one.
You may also want to watch:
The club are holding open trials for next season on Wednesday July 1 and 8 at Whittington Park 3G artificial football pitch, Holloway Road, from 6.30pm to 8pm.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07712 552364.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault