Islington Borough Ladies clinch Greater London Women’s Football League Division Two North title
- Credit: Archant
Ellie Sherrard-Smith scored a hat-trick to down Headstone Manor and give Sarah-Jane Cleary’s team silverware
Islington Borough Ladies were crowned Greater London Women’s Football League Division Two North champions last month after beating Headstone Manor in the final game of the season.
The girls were keen to finish on a high and did just that with a 8-1 success much to the delight of team manager Sarah-Jane Cleary.
Ellie Sherrard-Smith helped herself to a 30-minute hat-trick, injuring herself while scoring her third, before Ebba Karlsson added a 30-yard thunder strike late in the second half.
It capped a sensational campaign for the Islington Borough Ladies as they won seven of their final eight games to come top with 43 points – two above Leyton Orient Development.
You may also want to watch:
Cleary said: “I’m so proud of all the players. We’ve had a long season, including some amazing cup runs beating teams two leagues above, so what a year it has been.”
Any girls interested in playing football can contact email@example.com.
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting