Islington Borough Ladies clinch Greater London Women’s Football League Division Two North title
- Credit: Archant
Ellie Sherrard-Smith scored a hat-trick to down Headstone Manor and give Sarah-Jane Cleary’s team silverware
Islington Borough Ladies were crowned Greater London Women’s Football League Division Two North champions last month after beating Headstone Manor in the final game of the season.
The girls were keen to finish on a high and did just that with a 8-1 success much to the delight of team manager Sarah-Jane Cleary.
Ellie Sherrard-Smith helped herself to a 30-minute hat-trick, injuring herself while scoring her third, before Ebba Karlsson added a 30-yard thunder strike late in the second half.
It capped a sensational campaign for the Islington Borough Ladies as they won seven of their final eight games to come top with 43 points – two above Leyton Orient Development.
You may also want to watch:
Cleary said: “I’m so proud of all the players. We’ve had a long season, including some amazing cup runs beating teams two leagues above, so what a year it has been.”
Any girls interested in playing football can contact email@example.com.
- 1 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 2 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 6 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 10 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter