Islington Borough Ladies star hits hat-trick in comeback game
- Credit: Archant
Zoe Britton celebrated her comeback from injury with a stunning 20-minute hat-trick as Islington maintained their impressive run of form by beating Katabella 5-0 in the John Greenacre Memorial Trophy.
Britton, who had just recovered from a cruciate ligament injury, came off the bench after half an hour and promptly netted three times to secure victory in Sunday’s first round tie at Regent’s Park.
Katabella goalkeeper Ella Naef made a string of outstanding saves to foil Islington before Lekesha James opened the scoring, coolly slotting home.
Midfielders Jordan Harris and Beth Lein played perfectly-timed balls for Britton to score twice before half-time – and the substitute completed her treble eight minutes after the restart.
Tiffany Ward added a fifth goal for Islington midway through the second half, beating the keeper to Nikki Sheehan’s pass and finding the net with her first touch.
You may also want to watch:
Islington face Brook House on Sunday at Douglas Eyre Sports Ground (1.30pm).
- 1 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 10 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild