Islington Borough Ladies star hits hat-trick in comeback game
- Credit: Archant
Zoe Britton celebrated her comeback from injury with a stunning 20-minute hat-trick as Islington maintained their impressive run of form by beating Katabella 5-0 in the John Greenacre Memorial Trophy.
Britton, who had just recovered from a cruciate ligament injury, came off the bench after half an hour and promptly netted three times to secure victory in Sunday’s first round tie at Regent’s Park.
Katabella goalkeeper Ella Naef made a string of outstanding saves to foil Islington before Lekesha James opened the scoring, coolly slotting home.
Midfielders Jordan Harris and Beth Lein played perfectly-timed balls for Britton to score twice before half-time – and the substitute completed her treble eight minutes after the restart.
Tiffany Ward added a fifth goal for Islington midway through the second half, beating the keeper to Nikki Sheehan’s pass and finding the net with her first touch.
You may also want to watch:
Islington face Brook House on Sunday at Douglas Eyre Sports Ground (1.30pm).
- 1 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 2 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 5 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 6 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 7 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 8 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets