Islington Boxing Club newcomer makes immediate impact at Harlow show
- Credit: Archant
Islington BC middleweight Chris ‘The Italian Stallion’ Stornelli made an impressive amateur debut as he triumphed on Monday’s Manor of Groves show in Harlow.
Stornelli faced D Middleton (13 Air Assault) over three rounds and stuck to the basics very effectively, picking off his opponent with jabs as he came forward.
The Islington fighter landed some good scoring shots with both left and right hands and it was no surprise when he was awarded a unanimous decision.
Stornelli is now lined up to make his second appearance on the Hazellville Road club’s next show later this month at the Boston Arms, Tufnell Park, alongside several other Islington boxers.
Those include Lamin Conteh, who was also victorious on the Manor of Groves show, gaining a unanimous decision in his light-middleweight clash against D Dagilis (West Ham ABC).
You may also want to watch:
Conteh boxed from long range against his taller opponent, slipping inside to work head and body and landing cleaner punches as he moved through the gears.
Although the West Ham boxer upped his work-rate in the third round, he could not prevent a unanimous decision in Conteh’s favour.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 5 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 6 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 7 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 8 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 9 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 10 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
Islington had two of their junior boxers involved in skills contests on Saturday, with both showing clear signs of improvement on the Romford ABC show.
Oscar Spencer-Gittens, 10, faced B Parker (Five Star ABC) in a 33kg clash, with 11-year-old Sonny Devine in action against L James, also of Five Star, at 32kg.
Tickets for the Islington show on Wednesday March 23 are now available, priced at £15 (adults) and £5 (under-16s), from the Hazellville Road gym.
Contact Mick Doherty on 07921 724 601 or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.