Islington Boxing Club newcomer makes immediate impact at Harlow show
- Credit: Archant
Islington BC middleweight Chris ‘The Italian Stallion’ Stornelli made an impressive amateur debut as he triumphed on Monday’s Manor of Groves show in Harlow.
Stornelli faced D Middleton (13 Air Assault) over three rounds and stuck to the basics very effectively, picking off his opponent with jabs as he came forward.
The Islington fighter landed some good scoring shots with both left and right hands and it was no surprise when he was awarded a unanimous decision.
Stornelli is now lined up to make his second appearance on the Hazellville Road club’s next show later this month at the Boston Arms, Tufnell Park, alongside several other Islington boxers.
Those include Lamin Conteh, who was also victorious on the Manor of Groves show, gaining a unanimous decision in his light-middleweight clash against D Dagilis (West Ham ABC).
You may also want to watch:
Conteh boxed from long range against his taller opponent, slipping inside to work head and body and landing cleaner punches as he moved through the gears.
Although the West Ham boxer upped his work-rate in the third round, he could not prevent a unanimous decision in Conteh’s favour.
- 1 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
Islington had two of their junior boxers involved in skills contests on Saturday, with both showing clear signs of improvement on the Romford ABC show.
Oscar Spencer-Gittens, 10, faced B Parker (Five Star ABC) in a 33kg clash, with 11-year-old Sonny Devine in action against L James, also of Five Star, at 32kg.
Tickets for the Islington show on Wednesday March 23 are now available, priced at £15 (adults) and £5 (under-16s), from the Hazellville Road gym.
Contact Mick Doherty on 07921 724 601 or alternatively email email@example.com for more information.