Islington Boxing Club reward infant class
- Credit: Archant
Medals and trophies handed out to youngsters
Islington Boxing Club handed out medals and trophies for participants of their Infant Boxing classes last week.
It was the first term since the expansion of the section from two to three classes per week, for boys and girls between the ages of five and eight under the tuition of coaches Scott Smart, Zowie Campbell and Mason Smith.
The Tuesday group saw bronze medals presented to Arcani Martins, Albert Gunn, Leo Joannou, Elijah Kwandahor, Yasin and Imran Ali, who all completed their first term with the Infants class, as Tyrece Cosgrove received a silver medal in his second term.
Gold medals were presented to Jaycee Stewart-McLeod, Sayiver Maragh, Benjamin Wotton, Maddox Pommells, Oliver Smith-Joyce, David Sebastin Patacies, Eesa Abdar-Rahman, Nicolas Murilo, Jahvani Kiggath-Kindomba, Jack Dunford, Leo Batson, Leon Flanagan, Grayson–Roc Phelan, Jayden Henok, Kadir Mahmut Cinko, James Connolly and Mark Mullingan-Croy, who have all been with the club for three or more terms.
You may also want to watch:
Maddox Pommells picked up the most improved boxer of the term award, while the best boxer of the term prize went to Benjamin Wotton, whose grandad Peter has been a long-time recreational member at the club.
The entire Wednesday class all received bronze medals for their first term with the club, including Carter and Chase Kane, Orly Fletcher, Kane Shuriah, Ciaran Simpson, Isaac Quin-Walker, Kristina Leslie, Tyon Akinfenwa, Mason Roberston, Alfie Lennox-Hare, Luca Lutumba, Lesion Tyree Stephens, Sadie and Harry Wise, Joshua Bowen, William Mulligan, Adriano Banton, Daniel Doyle, Sian Leslie, Andrew and Josie Cash, Freddie East, Troy O’Connor, Lewis Green, Camron Giwa and James O’Connor.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 10 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
Meanwhile, the Thursday group saw bronze medals presented to Scott Lawson, Daraugh Flynn, Shuayb Ahmed, Jude Young and Louie Kourtellis, who all completed their first term with the Infants class.
And gold medals were presented to Adem and Sami Sertten, Kaine Khan, Julius Tait, Joseph Higham, Kian Farrell, Cassian and O’Shea Campbell, Daragh Murray, Harry Power, Robyn Bond, Bleau Tucker, Ezra Worrell, Fabian and Nathan Rychlewski, Dillon Schiavo, Jack Ellis-Neate, Jaziah Dragon, Charlie and Zac Trumbridge, who have all been with the club for three or more terms.
Bleau Tucker took the most improved boxer award, while cousin Cassian Campbell claimed the best boxer of the term prize, following in the footsteps of brothers O’Shea and Cianan who have won the same prize before.