Islington Boxing Club reward infant class
- Credit: Archant
Medals and trophies handed out to youngsters
Islington Boxing Club handed out medals and trophies for participants of their Infant Boxing classes last week.
It was the first term since the expansion of the section from two to three classes per week, for boys and girls between the ages of five and eight under the tuition of coaches Scott Smart, Zowie Campbell and Mason Smith.
The Tuesday group saw bronze medals presented to Arcani Martins, Albert Gunn, Leo Joannou, Elijah Kwandahor, Yasin and Imran Ali, who all completed their first term with the Infants class, as Tyrece Cosgrove received a silver medal in his second term.
Gold medals were presented to Jaycee Stewart-McLeod, Sayiver Maragh, Benjamin Wotton, Maddox Pommells, Oliver Smith-Joyce, David Sebastin Patacies, Eesa Abdar-Rahman, Nicolas Murilo, Jahvani Kiggath-Kindomba, Jack Dunford, Leo Batson, Leon Flanagan, Grayson–Roc Phelan, Jayden Henok, Kadir Mahmut Cinko, James Connolly and Mark Mullingan-Croy, who have all been with the club for three or more terms.
You may also want to watch:
Maddox Pommells picked up the most improved boxer of the term award, while the best boxer of the term prize went to Benjamin Wotton, whose grandad Peter has been a long-time recreational member at the club.
The entire Wednesday class all received bronze medals for their first term with the club, including Carter and Chase Kane, Orly Fletcher, Kane Shuriah, Ciaran Simpson, Isaac Quin-Walker, Kristina Leslie, Tyon Akinfenwa, Mason Roberston, Alfie Lennox-Hare, Luca Lutumba, Lesion Tyree Stephens, Sadie and Harry Wise, Joshua Bowen, William Mulligan, Adriano Banton, Daniel Doyle, Sian Leslie, Andrew and Josie Cash, Freddie East, Troy O’Connor, Lewis Green, Camron Giwa and James O’Connor.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
Meanwhile, the Thursday group saw bronze medals presented to Scott Lawson, Daraugh Flynn, Shuayb Ahmed, Jude Young and Louie Kourtellis, who all completed their first term with the Infants class.
And gold medals were presented to Adem and Sami Sertten, Kaine Khan, Julius Tait, Joseph Higham, Kian Farrell, Cassian and O’Shea Campbell, Daragh Murray, Harry Power, Robyn Bond, Bleau Tucker, Ezra Worrell, Fabian and Nathan Rychlewski, Dillon Schiavo, Jack Ellis-Neate, Jaziah Dragon, Charlie and Zac Trumbridge, who have all been with the club for three or more terms.
Bleau Tucker took the most improved boxer award, while cousin Cassian Campbell claimed the best boxer of the term prize, following in the footsteps of brothers O’Shea and Cianan who have won the same prize before.