Islington Boxing Club reward youngsters for hard work
- Credit: Archant
Zachary Tumbridge and Keyaan Miah took top honours when Islington BC handed out the end of term awards at their infants’ classes.
The weekly programme for five to eight-year-olds at the Hazellville Road gym has expanded this term, with classes now held on both Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Tumbridge was named boxer of the term among the Thursday group, with Ezra Worrell taking the most improved boxer award. Miah and Francis Barrett won those respective honours in the Tuesday group.
All four were also awarded gold medals, along with Frank Palmer, Henry Wickham, Harry Power, O’Shea Campbell, Jaycee Stewart-McLeod, Callum McCann, Joshua McCann and Leo Batson.
ilver medals went to Adem Sertten, Sami Sertten, Joseph Higham, Robyn Bond, Maddox Pommells, Benjamin Wotten, Kaine Khan and Kerim Kina.
You may also want to watch:
There were bronze medals for Eesa Abdar-Rahman, Nicolas Murlino, Jahvani Kiggath-Kindomba, Ronnie Page, Leon Flanagan, Grayson Roc-Phelan, Bleau Tucker, George Simcox, Chace Harrison, Fabian Rychlewski, Nataw Rychlewski, Drin Berisha and Dillion Schiavo.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 7 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'