Islington Boxing Club reward youngsters for hard work
- Credit: Archant
Zachary Tumbridge and Keyaan Miah took top honours when Islington BC handed out the end of term awards at their infants’ classes.
The weekly programme for five to eight-year-olds at the Hazellville Road gym has expanded this term, with classes now held on both Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Tumbridge was named boxer of the term among the Thursday group, with Ezra Worrell taking the most improved boxer award. Miah and Francis Barrett won those respective honours in the Tuesday group.
All four were also awarded gold medals, along with Frank Palmer, Henry Wickham, Harry Power, O’Shea Campbell, Jaycee Stewart-McLeod, Callum McCann, Joshua McCann and Leo Batson.
ilver medals went to Adem Sertten, Sami Sertten, Joseph Higham, Robyn Bond, Maddox Pommells, Benjamin Wotten, Kaine Khan and Kerim Kina.
You may also want to watch:
There were bronze medals for Eesa Abdar-Rahman, Nicolas Murlino, Jahvani Kiggath-Kindomba, Ronnie Page, Leon Flanagan, Grayson Roc-Phelan, Bleau Tucker, George Simcox, Chace Harrison, Fabian Rychlewski, Nataw Rychlewski, Drin Berisha and Dillion Schiavo.
- 1 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 9 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 10 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension