Islington Boxing Club teenager targets gold medal with England
- Credit: Archant
Islington BC teenager Daniel Dubois intends to go one better than last year when he boxes for England at the Three Nations Championship this weekend.
The 17-year-old lost on a split decision to Scotland’s Connal McDonald in the final of last year’s tournament, but gets another opportunity to win a gold medal at the two-day championship in Sheffield.
Dubois, who recently won his second England Youth Championship title at super-heavyweight – and his first since switching to Islington from Dale Youth ABC, said: “I felt I won it last year.
“But the loss has given me more motivation to win the title this time. I’m really looking forward to boxing and I want to win it.”
Dubois is due to make his first appearance in an Islington vest next month at the club’s dinner show, when they host BC Landau from Bavaria in a team match at the Royal National Hotel, Russell Square.
You may also want to watch:
Dinner tickets are priced at £60 for tables of 10 or 12, including a three-course meal and bottle of wine, while standing tickets are £20. For further information, call 07921 724 601 or email email@example.com.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 8 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing