Islington Boxing Club teenager targets gold medal with England
- Credit: Archant
Islington BC teenager Daniel Dubois intends to go one better than last year when he boxes for England at the Three Nations Championship this weekend.
The 17-year-old lost on a split decision to Scotland’s Connal McDonald in the final of last year’s tournament, but gets another opportunity to win a gold medal at the two-day championship in Sheffield.
Dubois, who recently won his second England Youth Championship title at super-heavyweight – and his first since switching to Islington from Dale Youth ABC, said: “I felt I won it last year.
“But the loss has given me more motivation to win the title this time. I’m really looking forward to boxing and I want to win it.”
Dubois is due to make his first appearance in an Islington vest next month at the club’s dinner show, when they host BC Landau from Bavaria in a team match at the Royal National Hotel, Russell Square.
You may also want to watch:
Dinner tickets are priced at £60 for tables of 10 or 12, including a three-course meal and bottle of wine, while standing tickets are £20. For further information, call 07921 724 601 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 6 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 7 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
- 8 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 9 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 10 Islington shooting victim named