Islington Boxing Club youngster follows his brother by winning award
- Credit: Archant
Five-year-old O’Shea Campbell emulated his elder brother by picking up the boxer of the term award at Islington BC’s infants class.
DJ Moore and Troy Smart, who coach the weekly class for five to eight-year-olds at the Hazellville Road gym, presented Campbell with the award – which had been won by his brother Cinnan the previous term.
The younger Campbell was also among 16 boys to receive gold medals for their efforts throughout the last few months at the class, which was launched in November 2015.
Other gold medal winners were Francis Barrett, Abdullah Ogaro, Taylor Young, Frank Palmer, Harry Power, Jaycee Stewart-McLeod, Julius Tait, Leo Tait, Callum McCann, Joshua McCann, Zachary Trumbridge, Henry Wickham, Keyaan Miah, Ezra Worrell and Leo Batson.
Leo Redhead was awarded a silver medal to mark his second term in the group, with first-term boxer Freddie Cording earning the bronze version.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Islington have announced that their boxers will be sporting new red home vests next season for the first time in nearly four decades.
The new outfits have been sponsored by men’s perfume manufacturers Geo F Trumper, who are extending their association with the club. Their branding also appears on the current white vests, which will become Islington’s away colours next year.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 3 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 8 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 9 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
The company have also sponsored Islington’s last three May dinner shows, as well as the club tracksuits and an annual award for the most consistent boxer of the year.