Islington boy makes his mark at karting World Series finals in France
- Credit: Archant
Islington youngster Lewis Appiagyei made the podium with a third place finish at the Sodi World Series finals in France.
The 11-year-old, who is a student at St Peter & Paul School, Clerkenwell, qualified for the finals through his performances at tracks both home and abroad last year.
As well as taking third place at one of the Super Finals – which featured young racers from 11 different countries – Appiagyei also reached the World Masters Super Final.
Appiagyei began well, taking control of the mid-pack – but his hopes of catching the leaders were dashed by contact with another competitor and he eventually finished 13th.
The young driver, who competes for the Buckmore Park junior club in Kent, finished a demanding schedule with a world ranking of 20th for his age group.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in working with Appiagyei or helping him with sponsorship should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 3 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 9 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 10 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London