Islington boy makes his mark at karting World Series finals in France
- Credit: Archant
Islington youngster Lewis Appiagyei made the podium with a third place finish at the Sodi World Series finals in France.
The 11-year-old, who is a student at St Peter & Paul School, Clerkenwell, qualified for the finals through his performances at tracks both home and abroad last year.
As well as taking third place at one of the Super Finals – which featured young racers from 11 different countries – Appiagyei also reached the World Masters Super Final.
Appiagyei began well, taking control of the mid-pack – but his hopes of catching the leaders were dashed by contact with another competitor and he eventually finished 13th.
The young driver, who competes for the Buckmore Park junior club in Kent, finished a demanding schedule with a world ranking of 20th for his age group.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in working with Appiagyei or helping him with sponsorship should send an email to email@example.com
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting