Islington boy makes his mark at karting World Series finals in France
- Credit: Archant
Islington youngster Lewis Appiagyei made the podium with a third place finish at the Sodi World Series finals in France.
The 11-year-old, who is a student at St Peter & Paul School, Clerkenwell, qualified for the finals through his performances at tracks both home and abroad last year.
As well as taking third place at one of the Super Finals – which featured young racers from 11 different countries – Appiagyei also reached the World Masters Super Final.
Appiagyei began well, taking control of the mid-pack – but his hopes of catching the leaders were dashed by contact with another competitor and he eventually finished 13th.
The young driver, who competes for the Buckmore Park junior club in Kent, finished a demanding schedule with a world ranking of 20th for his age group.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in working with Appiagyei or helping him with sponsorship should send an email to email@example.com
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension