Islington’s Brown claims another success
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Islington
Islington super lightweight Cherrelle Brown collected a fifth victory in the paid ranks with a points triumph over Vaida Masiokaite.
The 32-year-old took on her Lithuanian rival at York Hall on a British Warriors promotion.
Brown could not have wished for a better start as he dropped Masiokaite with a combination of punches in the first round.
Though the Lithuanian recovered well to see out the six rounds, Brown was in control throughout and claimed a comfortable points success.
You may also want to watch:
Victory maintained Brown’s perfect record since turning professional in March last year.
After winning her first two bouts by knockout, all three of the 32-year-old’s last successes have seen her taking the distance.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 5 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 6 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 7 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 8 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25
- 10 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close
Brown will now hope for a swift return to the ring when she will bid to claim another success.
And the Islington super lightweight knows that any triumph in that next bout will help her continue her ascent up the rankings.