Islington’s Brown claims another success
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Islington
Islington super lightweight Cherrelle Brown collected a fifth victory in the paid ranks with a points triumph over Vaida Masiokaite.
The 32-year-old took on her Lithuanian rival at York Hall on a British Warriors promotion.
Brown could not have wished for a better start as he dropped Masiokaite with a combination of punches in the first round.
Though the Lithuanian recovered well to see out the six rounds, Brown was in control throughout and claimed a comfortable points success.
You may also want to watch:
Victory maintained Brown’s perfect record since turning professional in March last year.
After winning her first two bouts by knockout, all three of the 32-year-old’s last successes have seen her taking the distance.
- 1 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 5 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 6 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 9 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
Brown will now hope for a swift return to the ring when she will bid to claim another success.
And the Islington super lightweight knows that any triumph in that next bout will help her continue her ascent up the rankings.