Islington & Camden under-12s get better of Newham rivals
- Credit: Archant
Islington & Camden Schools’ under-12s celebrated a 3-2 win over Newham in the London Cup.
They had to come from 2-1 down, but kept their composure and dominated possession to score a fine team goal to level.
They had a late scare when Newham hit the crossbar and keeper Bobby also made a fantastic save, but were deserved winners as a superb passing move ended with a tap-in by Eddie.
"Well deserved 3-2 winners," said manager Lance Johnson.
The Islington & Camden under-13s lost 2-0 to their Brent counterparts in a Middlesex League meeting at Hurst Avenue's St Aloysius Playing Fields.
You may also want to watch:
They went close to taking the lead when their striker went round the Brent keeper but saw his shot hit a post and then conceded twice in the last eight minutes to suffer defeat.
Manager Darren Wade said: "Funny old game."
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 9 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 10 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter