Islington & Camden under-12s get better of Newham rivals
- Credit: Archant
Islington & Camden Schools’ under-12s celebrated a 3-2 win over Newham in the London Cup.
They had to come from 2-1 down, but kept their composure and dominated possession to score a fine team goal to level.
They had a late scare when Newham hit the crossbar and keeper Bobby also made a fantastic save, but were deserved winners as a superb passing move ended with a tap-in by Eddie.
"Well deserved 3-2 winners," said manager Lance Johnson.
The Islington & Camden under-13s lost 2-0 to their Brent counterparts in a Middlesex League meeting at Hurst Avenue's St Aloysius Playing Fields.
You may also want to watch:
They went close to taking the lead when their striker went round the Brent keeper but saw his shot hit a post and then conceded twice in the last eight minutes to suffer defeat.
Manager Darren Wade said: "Funny old game."
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 5 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 6 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 7 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 8 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 9 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020