Islington coach praises effort at London Youth Games handball finals
- Credit: Archant
Islington girls’ failed to win a match at the London Youth Games handball finals, but coach Gaelle Gangneaux praised their efforts.
Gangneaux took on a side, which had never played the sport before and run them through three training sessions, before competiting at the Copper Box Arena in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park this weekend.
The side managed to bag themselves a 2-2 draw against Tower Hamlets, but suffered defeats to Redbridge (3-0), Croydon (3-0) and Newham (4-1) to crash out in the group stages.
Coach Gaelle Gangneaux said: “They gave 100 per cent which was really impressive, but what they needed was more experience in games to pick up wins.
“I noticed some of them have a real ability and I asked their teachers if they would like to take them to the London Youth Games.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a lovely group of girls to work with and I’m sure with more experience they can be successful.”
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 9 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 10 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion