Islington district crash to Trophy defeat against Camden
- Credit: Archant
Islington Primary District crashed to a 3-1 defeat to local rivals Camden in the Lester Finch Trophy.
Camden took the lead after 10 minutes and their dominance would continue, scoring two more in the first half, the last right before half time.
Keeper Bobby Burrows was also called on to make a couple of excellent close range saves.
Despite being the better side in the second half, they could only muster a very late consolation with the last kick of the game, when Said Mariche powerfully drove in the rebound from a blocked shot.
Manager Michael MacNeill said: “That’s as poor as we have played all season in the first half.
You may also want to watch:
“We played too individually and forgot our roles within the team.
“Second half we played a lot better and if maybe we could have converted one of our chances in the middle of the second half, we perhaps could have got something out of the game.”
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 7 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 8 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault