Islington district crash to Trophy defeat against Camden
- Credit: Archant
Islington Primary District crashed to a 3-1 defeat to local rivals Camden in the Lester Finch Trophy.
Camden took the lead after 10 minutes and their dominance would continue, scoring two more in the first half, the last right before half time.
Keeper Bobby Burrows was also called on to make a couple of excellent close range saves.
Despite being the better side in the second half, they could only muster a very late consolation with the last kick of the game, when Said Mariche powerfully drove in the rebound from a blocked shot.
Manager Michael MacNeill said: “That’s as poor as we have played all season in the first half.
You may also want to watch:
“We played too individually and forgot our roles within the team.
“Second half we played a lot better and if maybe we could have converted one of our chances in the middle of the second half, we perhaps could have got something out of the game.”
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
- 9 Islington shooting victim named
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern