Islington BC duo make their point with wins, as club also gives out end of term awards
- Credit: Archant
Islington Boxing Club had two winners on two of their most recent shows, with both adding to wins from the club’s own show.
Cianan Campbell, 10, faced a familiar opponent in Paddy McDonagh from host club White Hart Lane BA at 37kg as the two met for a third time.
The first had been a skills bout, while McDonagh was the next on a split decision, but Campbell boxed sensibly to catch his rival throughout and looked the more confident as the contest went on to earn a unanimous decision.
Charlie Roche could be forgiven for his slow start against Jake Brown (Fisher ABC) as the 75kg bout came up at short notice.
Roche admitted he had been attending Christmas parties during the week but pressured Brown throughout with his crowd pleasing forward approach.
You may also want to watch:
Brown was floored in the second round and Roche went on to claim a unanimous points win.
Islington Boxing Club handed out prizes for their end of term awards for Infants Classes.
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 3 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 4 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 5 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 6 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 7 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 8 'Help! I found a lizard in my luggage after my holiday'
- 9 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 10 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
Sam Tinger took home the best boxer of the term prize in the Tuesday class, while Kevin Buonventrv was named the most improved boxer of the term.
In the Thursday class, King Best was awarded the most improved boxer prize for the 2nd time in a row. as James O’Connor won the best boxer award.
The Infants Classes are for boys and girls ages five to eight years old on Tuesdays or Thursdays between 4.30-5.30pm.
Calendar year membership is £15 with the term price between £30-£40 dependent upon local school term times.
Infants Boxing Classes include basics to boxing, skipping, pad work and more. Contact Reggie Hagland on 07786 080885 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.