Islington Borough girls seek funding for Sweden trip
- Credit: Archant
Islington Borough Ladies under-12s are looking for more funding to help them travel to the Gothia Cup in Sweden.
The community-based club has an opportunity to attend the prestigious event, which has around 1,700 teams from over 80 nations taking part.
But Cassandra Williams says they still searching for more backing.
She said: “We’re soon to go Sweden but are about £500 short in funding. Any donation would make a significant impact. We hope this opportunity will help to create strong ambassadors for women’s football of the future, not only as players, but as coaches and referees.
“We will be the only under-12s girls’ team from the UK, with only one other girls’ team from the UK in the tournament at under-14.
You may also want to watch:
“So far we are grouped with Estonia and two Swedish teams. The girls are training twice a week and very excited!”
See the club’s page on gofundme.com for more information.
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 6 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020