Islington Borough girls seek funding for Sweden trip
- Credit: Archant
Islington Borough Ladies under-12s are looking for more funding to help them travel to the Gothia Cup in Sweden.
The community-based club has an opportunity to attend the prestigious event, which has around 1,700 teams from over 80 nations taking part.
But Cassandra Williams says they still searching for more backing.
She said: “We’re soon to go Sweden but are about £500 short in funding. Any donation would make a significant impact. We hope this opportunity will help to create strong ambassadors for women’s football of the future, not only as players, but as coaches and referees.
“We will be the only under-12s girls’ team from the UK, with only one other girls’ team from the UK in the tournament at under-14.
You may also want to watch:
“So far we are grouped with Estonia and two Swedish teams. The girls are training twice a week and very excited!”
See the club’s page on gofundme.com for more information.
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 3 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 4 Former Islington BC Slavisa Gegic fighter visits his old club
- 5 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 6 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 7 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 8 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 9 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 10 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket