Islington juniors enjoy trip to York Hall
- Credit: Archant
Islington Boxing Club had members of their junior competitive squad take part in a boxing demonstration at York Hall before the World Series Boxing (WSB) team match between British Lionhearts vs French Roosters.
Coaches Paul Stahl, Barry Healy, Zowie Campbell, Troy Smart and Scott Smart put the junior boxers through their paces at the iconic Bethnal Green venue, with shadow boxing and pad work.
The boxers that took part were Jamie Richards, Archie Lynch, Harry Betteridge, Kerem Sertten, Connor Daly, Cianan Campbell, Tolga Kesen, Alfie Suksiri, O’Shea Campbell, Joshua Strong, Ashref Sabir, Ryver Batson, Frankie Watson and Rishon John-Aryee.
Club manager Reggie Hagland said: “We would like to thank Richard Powers of WSB in the Community/England Boxing who invited the young boxers to participate, all of the kids were buzzing to be apart of the show.
“As well as showcasing their skills, they were very excited meeting the British Lionheart boxers, Galal Yafai, Connor Loftus and Peter McGrail, who posed for many photographs and singed autographs.
You may also want to watch:
“They adored them and the Lionhearts team have new fans.
“The club would like to also thank Rebecca James of Arsenal FC for donating seven tickets for the event which allowed parents of the junior boxers and members of IBC to attend.”
- 1 'This is the end of my political career': Richard Watts stands down
- 2 WATCH: Air ambulance called to Islington flat fire
- 3 Richard Watts to stand down as leader of Islington Council
- 4 Islington mental health charity Clubhouse gets £225,000 funding boost
- 5 Three strikes and you're out: Jail term for drug dealer
- 6 Police force entry to alleged Islington 'house party' amid pandemic
- 7 Islington Council pauses plans to chop down 70-year-old mulberry tree
- 8 Meet Islington Boxing Club's new coaches
- 9 The Mall: Mystery surrounds incoming Upper Street supermarket identity
- 10 MP broke rules with late declaration of Islington payments, report finds
The British Lionhearts beat the French Roosters 3-2 with Yafai, Loftus and McGrail getting the wins.