Islington pair enjoy more title success
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the Islington Boxing Club
Islington's Masood Abdullah and Jem Campbell were able to complete a memorable double as both added GB Elite Three Nations titles to the England Boxing Senior Amateur Boxing Championships they won earlier this year.
Both Abdullah and Campbell were representing England for the first time at the Oriam Centre on the outskirts of Edinburgh.
Fighting at under-60kg, Abdullah took Scottish foe John Casey on points in the final after earlier stopping Wales' John Wilson in the second round of their semi-final.
Capmbell, meanwhile, was in a straight final at under-69kg and came up against Lynn Calder from Scotland.
You may also want to watch:
The Islington boxer used her height-and-reach advantage to keep herself away from any possible danger and comfortably won the contest by unanimous decision.
Islington's Reggie Hagland said: "The club are very proud of Masood's and Jem's achievements and many of the boxers are looking up to them for inspiration.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
"Hopefully it's not the last time either boxer represents England!"