Islington pair enjoy more title success
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the Islington Boxing Club
Islington's Masood Abdullah and Jem Campbell were able to complete a memorable double as both added GB Elite Three Nations titles to the England Boxing Senior Amateur Boxing Championships they won earlier this year.
Both Abdullah and Campbell were representing England for the first time at the Oriam Centre on the outskirts of Edinburgh.
Fighting at under-60kg, Abdullah took Scottish foe John Casey on points in the final after earlier stopping Wales' John Wilson in the second round of their semi-final.
Capmbell, meanwhile, was in a straight final at under-69kg and came up against Lynn Calder from Scotland.
You may also want to watch:
The Islington boxer used her height-and-reach advantage to keep herself away from any possible danger and comfortably won the contest by unanimous decision.
Islington's Reggie Hagland said: "The club are very proud of Masood's and Jem's achievements and many of the boxers are looking up to them for inspiration.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
- 9 Islington shooting victim named
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
"Hopefully it's not the last time either boxer represents England!"