Islington Panthers to face Haringey rivals in play-off final clash
- Credit: Archant
Islington Panthers face a derby clash in the Community Basketball League play-off final this weekend after edging out Brent Ballers in a gripping encounter.
The Panthers, who squeezed past the Brent side 49-45 in their semi-final at Crystal Palace, will be up against Haringey Hawks in the final, which takes place at the Copper Box Arena on Sunday.
Chiem Eluwa produced an excellent attacking display against the Ballers, helping to ensure his side held a razor-thin 21-20 lead going into the half.
Both teams raised the tempo during the final quarter, with a back-to-back series of players hitting threes, but the Panthers held on to clinch a place in the final.
Eluwa, who was named as his side’s MVP, said: “Winning the semi-finals feels like a great reward for all our hard work. Haringey Hawks are good competition but, after beating them twice in the regular season, we’re confident we can beat them again.”
You may also want to watch:
For further information about the league, which is run by the London School of Basketball in partnership with Reach and Teach, contact email@example.com
- 1 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 2 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 3 Islington Council backtracks on promise to save mulberry tree
- 4 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 5 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 6 Tollington by-election imminent as Richard Watts joins Khan's 'top team'
- 7 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 8 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 9 Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall visits the Whittington Hospital
- 10 Historic pub The Cuckoo ready to welcome locals inside after refurbishment