Islington Panthers to face Haringey rivals in play-off final clash
- Credit: Archant
Islington Panthers face a derby clash in the Community Basketball League play-off final this weekend after edging out Brent Ballers in a gripping encounter.
The Panthers, who squeezed past the Brent side 49-45 in their semi-final at Crystal Palace, will be up against Haringey Hawks in the final, which takes place at the Copper Box Arena on Sunday.
Chiem Eluwa produced an excellent attacking display against the Ballers, helping to ensure his side held a razor-thin 21-20 lead going into the half.
Both teams raised the tempo during the final quarter, with a back-to-back series of players hitting threes, but the Panthers held on to clinch a place in the final.
Eluwa, who was named as his side’s MVP, said: “Winning the semi-finals feels like a great reward for all our hard work. Haringey Hawks are good competition but, after beating them twice in the regular season, we’re confident we can beat them again.”
You may also want to watch:
For further information about the league, which is run by the London School of Basketball in partnership with Reach and Teach, contact email@example.com
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 8 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 9 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing