Islington preparing for final dinner show of season
- Credit: Archant
Club to stage evening of action at Royal National Hotel
Islington Boxing Club will host their fifth and final home show of the season on Friday May 12, with a bi-annual dinner at the Royal National Hotel in Russell Square.
And hoping to make his return after four years away from the ring due to work commitments is Carlos Moreno, who has been expanding his Moreno Boxing outfit in Dalston.
Moreno is a former London Novices champion, Haringey Box Cup gold medalist and London Elite finalist with the Hazellville Road club and won a Portuguese Elite title at lightweight in 2014.
Now 28 years of age, Moreno is set to move to light-welterweight (under-64kg) and is set to be joined on the card by Scott Smart, Jerome Campbell, Demi Carter, Amy Andrew, Inder Bassi, Borys Feldman, Slavisa Gegic, Connor Daly, Chris Onwegbusi, Aaron Nicely and Matesurz Szcepkowski.
You may also want to watch:
The show will also include the debuts of Jenson Curtin, Shaun Thomas and Jay-Jay Curtin in Islington vests.
The trio are moving to England from Australia, having all previously represented Collingwood Boxing Club and had great success Down Under, which they hope to replicate at Islington.
- 1 Islington shooting victim named
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 5 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 6 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 7 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 8 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 9 New mural in Finsbury Park aims to 'send a message to Boris Johnson'
- 10 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
Jenson Curtin, 13, and Jay-Jay Curtin, 16, are the sons of former St Pancras ABC fighter Steve and were Golden Gloves champions last year and have also won Victoria state titles.
Thomas, 19, is another Golden Gloves and Victoria Youth champion who has Australia representative honours against the British Royal Navy last year.
The Curtin brothers have been entereed into the Hull Box Cup (June 9-11) with Connor Daly and Kerem Sertten, with Tyler Mutch (under-38.5kg) and Sertten (under-37kg) set to compete in the Schools’ Championships at the end of the month.
*Standing tickets for Islington’s May 12 show are available for £20 and a dinner ticket, including three-course meal and a bottle of wine, are £70.
Tables of 10 are available, as well as advertising space for businesses or good luck messages in the A4 programme at £50 (1/4 page), £100 (1/2 page) and £200 (full page).
Call Mick Doherty on 07921 724601 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.