Young Islington rower receives Joanna Brown Award
- Credit: Archant
Rower Jasper Den Dulk is this year’s Sport Islington winner of the Joanna Brown Award.
Presented annually by the Joanna Brown Trust and Sport Islington, the award gives additional financial support and recognition to Islington athletes.
And Den Dulk was chosen as the latest recipient, with Helen Sudall, from the Joanna Brown Trust, saying: "The aim of the Joanna Brown Trust is to encourage involvement in sport at all levels.
"The athletes we support come from a range of backgrounds and disciplines but they all sahre a passion for sport and a determination to make the most of the opportunities given to them.
"Jasper is an excellent example of a talented, committed and ambitious young athlete and we look forward to hearing of his continued success.
You may also want to watch:
"Joanna loved rowing and it means a huge amount to our charity to see young stars like Jasper realising their potential in the sport with elp from the Joanna Brown Trust and Sport Islington."
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 4 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 5 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 8 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
- 9 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 10 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder