Young Islington rower receives Joanna Brown Award
- Credit: Archant
Rower Jasper Den Dulk is this year’s Sport Islington winner of the Joanna Brown Award.
Presented annually by the Joanna Brown Trust and Sport Islington, the award gives additional financial support and recognition to Islington athletes.
And Den Dulk was chosen as the latest recipient, with Helen Sudall, from the Joanna Brown Trust, saying: "The aim of the Joanna Brown Trust is to encourage involvement in sport at all levels.
"The athletes we support come from a range of backgrounds and disciplines but they all sahre a passion for sport and a determination to make the most of the opportunities given to them.
"Jasper is an excellent example of a talented, committed and ambitious young athlete and we look forward to hearing of his continued success.
You may also want to watch:
"Joanna loved rowing and it means a huge amount to our charity to see young stars like Jasper realising their potential in the sport with elp from the Joanna Brown Trust and Sport Islington."
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 8 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 9 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 10 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox