Islington side beat Kensington & Chelsea rivals to reach play-off final
- Credit: Archant
Rio Murray dominated the closing stages to ensure that Access2Sports defeated Kensington & Chelsea Knights 70-29 and clinched a place in the Community Basketball League Under-16 play-off final.
Murray took control as the undefeated Islington side racked up a 20-point lead at the half and then finished strongly with eight points to close out the game.
Sharpshooters Dreyshun Brown and Jason Prince – who jointly headed the list of scorers with 13 points – fired a series of threes early on to put A2S in command.
Murray’s efforts ensured that they took an impressive 37-17 advantage into half-time, but the Kensington side battled hard, with 13 points from Ivan Ballestero slowing down their opponents’ progress.
In the end, it was not enough to deny A2S a place at the league finals on Sunday, when they will represent the borough alongside Activities4U Under-25s.
You may also want to watch:
For further information, visit www.cblhoops.co.uk or email email@example.com.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller