Islington side beat Kensington & Chelsea rivals to reach play-off final
- Credit: Archant
Rio Murray dominated the closing stages to ensure that Access2Sports defeated Kensington & Chelsea Knights 70-29 and clinched a place in the Community Basketball League Under-16 play-off final.
Murray took control as the undefeated Islington side racked up a 20-point lead at the half and then finished strongly with eight points to close out the game.
Sharpshooters Dreyshun Brown and Jason Prince – who jointly headed the list of scorers with 13 points – fired a series of threes early on to put A2S in command.
Murray’s efforts ensured that they took an impressive 37-17 advantage into half-time, but the Kensington side battled hard, with 13 points from Ivan Ballestero slowing down their opponents’ progress.
In the end, it was not enough to deny A2S a place at the league finals on Sunday, when they will represent the borough alongside Activities4U Under-25s.
You may also want to watch:
For further information, visit www.cblhoops.co.uk or email email@example.com.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 3 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey