Islington star returns from Portugal to sign for Worcester Wolves
- Credit: Archant
Islington’s GB international forward/guard Orlan Jackman has joined BBL side Worcester Wolves after just two months in the Portuguese league.
Jackman was signed up by CAB Madeira in October after impressing against them on tour with Midnight Madness, the UK-based summer basketball scheme.
But the Portuguese club hit financial problems and Jackman was allowed to leave, paving the way for him to join the Wolves, who are currently third in the British Basketball League, for the rest of the season.
“I have had the best summer any baller could ask for,” Jackman said. “I’d like to thank Midnight Madness for the countless opportunities given to me to prove my talent.
“There really is no other organisation like this who provide life-changing opportunities, as well as the support and advice every baller needs at each stage along the journey.
You may also want to watch:
“I believe I’m ready to undertake the next stage in my career, so I’m excited to play at Worcester Wolves. It’s a great opportunity for me to win silverware at home with an incredibly talented team.”
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 6 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 7 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 10 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers