Islington star returns from Portugal to sign for Worcester Wolves
- Credit: Archant
Islington’s GB international forward/guard Orlan Jackman has joined BBL side Worcester Wolves after just two months in the Portuguese league.
Jackman was signed up by CAB Madeira in October after impressing against them on tour with Midnight Madness, the UK-based summer basketball scheme.
But the Portuguese club hit financial problems and Jackman was allowed to leave, paving the way for him to join the Wolves, who are currently third in the British Basketball League, for the rest of the season.
“I have had the best summer any baller could ask for,” Jackman said. “I’d like to thank Midnight Madness for the countless opportunities given to me to prove my talent.
“There really is no other organisation like this who provide life-changing opportunities, as well as the support and advice every baller needs at each stage along the journey.
You may also want to watch:
“I believe I’m ready to undertake the next stage in my career, so I’m excited to play at Worcester Wolves. It’s a great opportunity for me to win silverware at home with an incredibly talented team.”
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 8 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 9 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern