Islington star signed by professional team in Portugal
- Credit: Archant
Islington’s Orlan Jackman has been signed up by Portuguese professional outfit CAB Madeira after impressing against them on tour last summer.
Jackman shone at this year’s Midnight Madness tournament, earning a place on the team that travelled to represent Great Britain at the TAÇA Cup Championship in Portugal.
He promptly proved his worth, dropping 35 points in the first game as the British team whitewashed Madeira 3-0, and he averaged 20.6 points and 11.6 rebounds over the course of the series.
And Jackman has now become one of three Midnight Madness players to sign a professional contract with the Pro A club, along with team-mates Jermaine Forbes and Ejay Ofomata.
Madeira president Francisco Gomes said: “The game just comes naturally to him. He’s not out to score but ends us being the best scorer, he’s not out to rebound but ends up being the best rebounder.
You may also want to watch:
“Orlan has the natural basketball talent and the humble personality to go with it – that’s a great combination that I think any team would want. He can play in any team and in any league at the highest level.”
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 9 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 10 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother