Islington star signed by professional team in Portugal
- Credit: Archant
Islington’s Orlan Jackman has been signed up by Portuguese professional outfit CAB Madeira after impressing against them on tour last summer.
Jackman shone at this year’s Midnight Madness tournament, earning a place on the team that travelled to represent Great Britain at the TAÇA Cup Championship in Portugal.
He promptly proved his worth, dropping 35 points in the first game as the British team whitewashed Madeira 3-0, and he averaged 20.6 points and 11.6 rebounds over the course of the series.
And Jackman has now become one of three Midnight Madness players to sign a professional contract with the Pro A club, along with team-mates Jermaine Forbes and Ejay Ofomata.
Madeira president Francisco Gomes said: “The game just comes naturally to him. He’s not out to score but ends us being the best scorer, he’s not out to rebound but ends up being the best rebounder.
You may also want to watch:
“Orlan has the natural basketball talent and the humble personality to go with it – that’s a great combination that I think any team would want. He can play in any team and in any league at the highest level.”
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 4 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 6 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 7 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 8 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 9 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020