Islington team relish new rivalry against Torriano Tigers
- Credit: Archant
Islington side Access2Sports Under-12s are eager to develop a local rivalry with Torriano Tigers following their convincing 48-2 victory against the Community Basketball League debutants.
Joshua and Jaiden Dawes, along with Manie Joses, dominated inside and gobbled up rebounds throughout the game, with impressive performances from Berkay Sahiw, Mouady Kermawi, and Julius Bayrante helping to complete a resounding win.
Their MVP Joshua Dawes said: “I love playing with my team because we all know each other well and understand how each other plays.
“We really enjoyed playing with the Torriano Tigers – they’re really quick and have a lot of energy. We hope to play them again soon!”
Despite the scoreline, Torriano Tigers acquitted themselves well as Marwa El-Berkati nailed their two points and William Tang, Luca Gentry and Sol Parkes also caught the eye.
You may also want to watch:
Tigers player Miya Fioyona said: “It was our first game in the league and we had so much fun!
“We don’t care about the score – we care more about playing together and enjoying ourselves as a team!”
- 1 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 2 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 10 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
The Community Basketball League is the biggest grassroots league in London, offering more than 1,000 active players aged 12-25 a positive, enjoyable and competitive environment in which to play the game they love.
For more information, visit www.cblhoops.co.uk, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.