Boxing; Young Islington trio impress
- Credit: Archant
Islington Boxing Club had three juniors in action at the High Wycombe ABC show on Saturday.
Albert Tutte (28kg) made his debut in a skills bout with Riley Russell from the host club in a cracking contest.
And Aaron Connor (34kg) had his first outing in a club vest in a skills contest with Oliver Wachowicz, also from High Wycombe.
Jacob Johnson (72kg) beat Joshua Barrett (High Wycombe ABC) on a split decision.
Luan Veras earned a unaninmous points win over Brooklyn McDonagh (St Mary's) in a Class A u66kg contest in the National Association of Boys and Girls Clubs Championships, while Ewan Jenkins beat Louie O'Doherty (Essex Uni) on a 3-2 split in the Class D, u64kg category.
You may also want to watch:
The Islington duo will now box in the semi-finals this weekend, while clubmates Odera Okwuosa (Class D, 91kg) and Alex Petcu (Class C, u75kg) will be competing in finals after receiving byes.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 3 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 6 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 7 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 8 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 9 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern