Boxing; Young Islington trio impress
- Credit: Archant
Islington Boxing Club had three juniors in action at the High Wycombe ABC show on Saturday.
Albert Tutte (28kg) made his debut in a skills bout with Riley Russell from the host club in a cracking contest.
And Aaron Connor (34kg) had his first outing in a club vest in a skills contest with Oliver Wachowicz, also from High Wycombe.
Jacob Johnson (72kg) beat Joshua Barrett (High Wycombe ABC) on a split decision.
Luan Veras earned a unaninmous points win over Brooklyn McDonagh (St Mary's) in a Class A u66kg contest in the National Association of Boys and Girls Clubs Championships, while Ewan Jenkins beat Louie O'Doherty (Essex Uni) on a 3-2 split in the Class D, u64kg category.
You may also want to watch:
The Islington duo will now box in the semi-finals this weekend, while clubmates Odera Okwuosa (Class D, 91kg) and Alex Petcu (Class C, u75kg) will be competing in finals after receiving byes.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 8 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 9 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing