Islington youngsters make winning start to new season
- Credit: Archant
Arbour Zeneli and Amir Ibrahim were fast out of the blocks as Islington side Access2Sports Under-16s began their new Community Basketball League campaign with a 45-22 win over Dagenham Dragons.
Zeneli and Ibrahim racked up a total of 15 combined points to ensure that their team raced into a 16-4 lead by the end of the first quarter at the Copper Box Arena.
A2S managed to maintain the momentum, holding a 24-12 advantage at the halfway stage and they eventually ran away with the victory by a 23-point margin.
Zeneli, who was named MVP for his side, said: “Dragons were good competition for us, so I’m glad we came away with the win. It’s a good confidence boost for me and my team going into the rest of the season.”
There was also success for another Islington team, Activities4U Under-12s, who overcame Kennington Generals 16-5, with MVP Miles Sewell contributing 11 of their points.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the league, run by the London School of Basketball in partnership with Reach and Teach, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 8 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 9 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing