Islington youngsters make winning start to new season
- Credit: Archant
Arbour Zeneli and Amir Ibrahim were fast out of the blocks as Islington side Access2Sports Under-16s began their new Community Basketball League campaign with a 45-22 win over Dagenham Dragons.
Zeneli and Ibrahim racked up a total of 15 combined points to ensure that their team raced into a 16-4 lead by the end of the first quarter at the Copper Box Arena.
A2S managed to maintain the momentum, holding a 24-12 advantage at the halfway stage and they eventually ran away with the victory by a 23-point margin.
Zeneli, who was named MVP for his side, said: “Dragons were good competition for us, so I’m glad we came away with the win. It’s a good confidence boost for me and my team going into the rest of the season.”
There was also success for another Islington team, Activities4U Under-12s, who overcame Kennington Generals 16-5, with MVP Miles Sewell contributing 11 of their points.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the league, run by the London School of Basketball in partnership with Reach and Teach, contact email@example.com
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
- 8 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 9 Islington shooting victim named
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern