Katie McCabe wins Arsenal player of the season award
- Credit: PA
Katie McCabe has won Arsenal's player of the season award for 2020-21 after another fine season in north London.
The Republic of Ireland captain was voted as the winner by the Gunners faithful ahead of Vivianne Miedema who finished second and Leah Williamson in third.
McCabe collected the most votes topping to poll with 48 per cent of the votes cast showing how popular she is with the Arsenal supporters.
The Left-back claimed 13 assists in all competitions throughout the season including 11 in the Women's Super League as the Gunners secured Champions League qualification.
In May her fine form was rewarded as McCabe penned a new contract at the Gunners and she was also named in the Women's Super League team of the season for 2020-21.
You may also want to watch:
McCabe has helped the club win the Women's FA Cup in 2016, the League Cup in 2018 and the 2018-19 WSL title.
During the campaign the 25 year old also scored five goals including a stunning free-kick in the 6-1 north London derby victory at home to Tottenham Hotspur.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 5 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 6 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 7 Mum-of-two 'loses everything' in Islington fire
- 8 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 9 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 10 Statue to street cat Bob unveiled in Islington Green
Only one player in the Women's Super League created more chances than McCabe last season and that was Manchester City winger Chloe Kelly.