Darts: Kennedy’s tighten grip on title race
- Credit: Archant
Invincibles Kennedy’s tightened their grip on the Archway League title race with a 14-1 thrashing of hosts Old Oak.
Aaron Beaney and Bob Triggs reeled off maximums during the rout as Kennedy’s made it 13 wins in a row and moved four points clear at the summit.
Boston Arms, who are spearheaded by Stuart Pickles, are firmly on the leader’s tails after a pivotal 11-4 home victory over Doyles A, their seventh home win on the spin.
But Royal Oak A’s torrid 2019 campaign continued at the hands of clubmates Royal Oak B, after suffering a chastening 14-1 home defeat.
Mark Hall’s side are now rooted in tenth place on two points.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, Martin Cole instigated a classy 9-6 home success over Nicholas Nickleby for Sheephaven Bay, while British Legion climbed up to sixth place in the table following their convincing 11-4 defeat of Camden’s Golden Lion.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant