Late defeat keeps Kentish Town in the drop zone
Hertford Town 2 KentIsh Town 1
A LATE Tom Oram goal denied Kentish Town a share of the spoils against Hertford Town and kept them in the bottom three of the Spartan South Midlands Premier Division.
James Peagram almost scored for Hertford on 14 minutes, running onto a Rob Luya through ball and appearing to be dragged back, only to see play waved on by the referee.
The same player smashed a shot into the side netting two minutes later, but he opened the scoring on 19 minutes, controlling a long ball and half- volleying into the bottom left corner.
Peagram and Alan Barker shot wide, while Town defender Jerry Lyons headed over from a corner on 41 minutes, and Ruaridh Kay also shot off target just before the interval.
You may also want to watch:
Town equalised within a minute of the restart when a scrambled effort crossed the line through a combination of Lyons’ shin and Joel Maybury’s wild attempt at a clearance.
Lee Scott came close when his shot was cleared off the goalline by Maybury, while at the other end Peagram forced Evan Byrne into a save and, from the resulting corner, Owen Beale’s corner was nodded off the line.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
To Town’s heartbreak, the home side hit their winner seven minutes from time. Oram chased down a loose ball and cut into the penalty area, and his shot proved too hot to handle for Byrne, who fumbled it into his own net.