Leonard treble leads Lyndhurst Eagles to vital win
Daniel Leonard destroyed FDS with a hat-trick as Lyndhurst Eagles’ Under-16s produced their best performance of the season to see off Camden & Islington League rivals Futebol de Salao 4-0.
Leonard opened the scoring and Nathan Wanzola doubled his side’s lead just before half-time, and there was no let-up from Lyndhurst after the break.
Two more individual goals from Leonard completed his treble and sealed an excellent win for the Eagles. James Clare, who put in a solid display in defence, was man of the match.
Herbie Lea-Bramble grabbed a brace as Isledon Wolves Under-14s thrashed Futebol de Salao 8-0.
Conrad Katsigazi forced the ball home from a corner to open the scoring and FDS conceded an own goal before Harvey Lea-Bramble made it 3-0 and Keiron Loughney unleashed a rocket from distance.
You may also want to watch:
Herbie Lea-Bramble’s two goals took the Wolves further out of sight in the second half and Dani Kapfunde netted their seventh before man of the match Ethan Irvine completed the rout.
The Marshall twins dominated as Isledon Wolves Under-13s recovered from their recent defeats to win 3-0 against Regent’s Park.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 3 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 8 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 9 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
Deon Marshall netted twice, with winger Nicky registering the third for Wolves, who always looked in control. Thierry Okwara was man of the match.
A series of excellent saves from Brandon Walsh was not enough to prevent Isledon Wolves Under-15s from crashing to a 3-1 defeat against Crown & Manor.
Despite Walsh’s efforts, Manor built a three-goal lead before half-time, but the Wolves tightened up in the second period and reduced the deficit courtesy of an own goal.
Star man Albert Nisse netted the opener for Angel Islington Under-10s in their 2-0 victory at Regent’s Park, with Dylon Simson also on the mark.