Lion ABC youngster secures London schools’ championship belt
- Credit: Archant
Lion ABC’s Amo Singh claimed a London Schools title as he brushed aside Bilal Bakali (St Pancras) in the Class B Under-34kg final on Sunday.
Singh looked impressive from the start at Feltham Community College, taking the contest to his opponent with a series of jabs and hooks, and he maintained control throughout as he secured a unanimous points decision.
The Lion youngster now progresses to the national quarter-finals of the Schools Championships, which take place in Bristol on March 23.
Meanwhile, Lion’s John McDonagh was a convincing winner on the Five Star ABC show in Harold Hill, piling up the points to gain a unanimous decision against the home club’s F Foxwell.
The Hoxton club are linking up with Dagenham ABC to stage an open show at their Pitfield Street headquarters on Sunday March 23, starting at 12pm.
You may also want to watch:
Former Lion ABC light-middleweight Justin ‘The Genie’ Menzie boxes for the second time as a professional when he takes on Liam Griffiths (Bognor Regis) this weekend.
The 30-year-old, who beat Rick Boulter on his professional debut in November, will box on another four-rounder in Saturday’s Goodwin Promotions show at York Hall.
- 1 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern