Lion ABC youngster secures London schools’ championship belt
- Credit: Archant
Lion ABC’s Amo Singh claimed a London Schools title as he brushed aside Bilal Bakali (St Pancras) in the Class B Under-34kg final on Sunday.
Singh looked impressive from the start at Feltham Community College, taking the contest to his opponent with a series of jabs and hooks, and he maintained control throughout as he secured a unanimous points decision.
The Lion youngster now progresses to the national quarter-finals of the Schools Championships, which take place in Bristol on March 23.
Meanwhile, Lion’s John McDonagh was a convincing winner on the Five Star ABC show in Harold Hill, piling up the points to gain a unanimous decision against the home club’s F Foxwell.
The Hoxton club are linking up with Dagenham ABC to stage an open show at their Pitfield Street headquarters on Sunday March 23, starting at 12pm.
You may also want to watch:
Former Lion ABC light-middleweight Justin ‘The Genie’ Menzie boxes for the second time as a professional when he takes on Liam Griffiths (Bognor Regis) this weekend.
The 30-year-old, who beat Rick Boulter on his professional debut in November, will box on another four-rounder in Saturday’s Goodwin Promotions show at York Hall.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 5 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
- 8 'I was not jealous': MP Claudia Webbe denies harrasment charge
- 9 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 10 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder