Locomotive Youth gear up for double cup final
Locomotive Under-14s warmed up for back-to-back cup finals with a draw which left them a point behind league leaders Brimsdown with four games remaining.
Locomotive’s quest for a trophy begins with the London Saturday Cup against Wandsworth Town at Crystal Palace Stadium, before 24 hours later they play in the final of the Cheshunt Youth League Cup against Ridgeway Rovers at Cheshunt Football Club.
This closely fought contest was goalless in the first-half, but Locomotive took the lead after the break when a throw-in from Reuben Hinkson was met with a near post header from EJ Gyebi.
Brimsdown levelled from an in-swinging free-kick wide on the right, which found John Crush at the far post.
Locomotive’s continued pressure was rewarded, though, when Cojocarel jumped shoulder-to-shoulder with the Brimsdown keeper and the ball fell to Gyebi, who rolled the ball in to restore his side’s lead with eight minutes to go.
You may also want to watch:
With two minutes remaining a blocked clearance fell to Cush, who slid the ball beyond Collins Katsigazi for the equaliser and his second.
Locomotive Youth: Katsigazi, Willcox, Govey, Taylor-Reid, Cornette-Brown, Prince, Houghton, Casey, Yianni, Cojocarel, Gyebi; Tegene, Hinkson, Salter, Gutzmore.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020