Locomotive Youth gear up for double cup final
Locomotive Under-14s warmed up for back-to-back cup finals with a draw which left them a point behind league leaders Brimsdown with four games remaining.
Locomotive’s quest for a trophy begins with the London Saturday Cup against Wandsworth Town at Crystal Palace Stadium, before 24 hours later they play in the final of the Cheshunt Youth League Cup against Ridgeway Rovers at Cheshunt Football Club.
This closely fought contest was goalless in the first-half, but Locomotive took the lead after the break when a throw-in from Reuben Hinkson was met with a near post header from EJ Gyebi.
Brimsdown levelled from an in-swinging free-kick wide on the right, which found John Crush at the far post.
Locomotive’s continued pressure was rewarded, though, when Cojocarel jumped shoulder-to-shoulder with the Brimsdown keeper and the ball fell to Gyebi, who rolled the ball in to restore his side’s lead with eight minutes to go.
You may also want to watch:
With two minutes remaining a blocked clearance fell to Cush, who slid the ball beyond Collins Katsigazi for the equaliser and his second.
Locomotive Youth: Katsigazi, Willcox, Govey, Taylor-Reid, Cornette-Brown, Prince, Houghton, Casey, Yianni, Cojocarel, Gyebi; Tegene, Hinkson, Salter, Gutzmore.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 3 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 4 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close
- 7 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 8 £1.5m revamp of Stroud Green Primary School given go-ahead
- 9 'Holborn isn't the only dangerous junction for cyclists and pedestrians'
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing