London Blitz get set for Scotland trip to decide place in BritBowl
- Credit: Archant
Chairman Ed Morgan says London Blitz can take nothing for granted as they make the long journey north to face East Kilbride Pirates in the play-offs.
Blitz, who finished second in the BAFANL Premier Division South table, take on the Glasgow side in a repeat of last year’s semi-final to decide who plays in next month’s BritBowl XXIX.
Although the Finsbury Park club triumphed 44-0 in last season’s play-off clash – before losing the final to city rivals London Warriors – Morgan is anticipating a reaction from their opponents on Sunday.
He said: “East Kilbride are always tough opponents and we know that we will have to be on our top game to secure another BritBowl berth.
“We performed well there last year and know that there will be a massive backlash from the Pirates this time around.”
You may also want to watch:
Blitz head to Glasgow in good form, having reached the last four of the IFAF European Champions League and beaten the Warriors 13-7 in the final game of the regular league season earlier this month.
Morgan’s sentiments were echoed by Blitz quarterback Tim Liechti, who said: “Travelling up to East Kilbride is exhausting in itself, but we have a good track record there.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 8 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 9 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
“This weekend’s game can’t be taken lightly as the Pirates can be a threat and we’ll need to execute every play well to secure our place in the final.”