Name the England team that beat Belgium in the last 16 of the 1990 World Cup
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
How many players do you remember from Sir Bobby Robson’s team which captured the hearts of the nation at Italia 90?
David Platt’s late winner against Belgium saw England advance to the quarter-finals of the 1990 World Cup, but how much do you remember about the match?
Despite only scoring twice in the group stages, England topped their group ahead of the Republic of Ireland and the Netherlands to set up a tie against Belgium in the last 16 of the tournament.
Platt found the net again in the quarter-final against Cameroon before the African team scored twice only to concede two penalties.
Gary Lineker converted both to put England through to the semi-finals for the first time in 24 years.
You may also want to watch:
There were tears in Turin - mostly belonging to Paul Gascoigne in the course of a heart-breaking semi-final defeat to West Germany after Stuart Pearce and Chris Waddle missed in the penalty shoot-out.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension