North Middlesex’s Hollman caps great night with double award win
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
The talented all-rounder claimed two accolades during a dinner at Lord’s Nursery Pavilion
The good news keeps on coming for Luke Hollman, who had lots to celebrate on Friday night at the Middlesex County League’s 46th annual dinner at Lord’s.
North Middlesex’s teenage star scooped not only one award at the Nursery Pavilion, but two on a fantastic evening for the Park Road club.
A large contingent from the Crouch End-based outfit were present for the awards night and three tables were filled.
From the off it seemed like it would be a memorable occasion for North Middlesex with the club getting a special mention from league chairman Bob Baxter.
You may also want to watch:
He noted the first-team coming third in the Premier Division and also reaching the finals of the County T20 Cup and Middlesex Cup, both of which unfortunately were lost.
On top of this, North Middlesex bowler Ethan Bamber went on to make his Middlesex CCC debut and flourished in the County Championship Division Two.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 3 Islington shooting victim named
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 6 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 7 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
Finally, Hollman’s outings for England’s under-19s were given a mention and so were the league triumphs for the second XI and third-team.
The awards presentation began with all-rounder Hollman picking up the League’s Young Player of the Season award which was fully deserved for an excellent 2018 campaign with North Middlesex.
Later in the evening second-team player Nick Brand collected the Second XI Division One title while third-team captain Will Cracknell picked up the Third XI Championship trophy.
The night had already been brilliant when the best was saved until last as the Premier Division Player of the Year award for 2018 was announced as North Midd’s very own Hollman.
The honour is based on marks by umpires and given the calibre of players in the league, it is a superb honour for the one-time Pacific Cricket Club youngster, who scored 500 league runs and claimed 36 league wickets in 2018.
A statement posted on North Middlesex’s website read: “This is a major honour. Luke’s achievement is even more impressive given he was forced to miss Premier Division matches because of his England under-19’s commitments.
“Whilst we might have expected the Young Player Trophy, this one came out of the blue and Luke received a standing ovation from the North Midd crew and many others in the audience.”.