Magic McKinlay records hat-trick for Highgate Harriers in first Division Two match
- Credit: Archant
Ryan McKinlay recorded a hat-trick of victories for Highgate Harriers at Perivale in their first Southern League match since promotion to Division Two.
McKinlay won the 1500m in a time of four minutes 8.7 seconds, as well as the 5,000m (15:27.08) and the 2,000m steeplechase in 6:53.64 as Harriers came in fourth with a respectable tally of 131 points.
Highgate’s other successes all came in the women’s events, where Under-20 runner Hannah Viner won both the 800m (2:22.37) and the 1500m steeplechase (5:20.01).
Nina Anderson triumphed in the 400m (1:00.78), while the 4x400m relay quartet – Gemma Rous, Viner, Alima Diabate and Georgia Fear – ran out comfortable winners in 4:12.84.
Rous was also victorious in the B string 800m (2:23.90), with Laura Warren taking the B 400m (1:03.67).
You may also want to watch:
The next league match takes place at Hemel Hempstead on Saturday May 17.
Elsewhere, Highgate were team winners in the Victoria Park five-mile road race on Saturday, with fourth-placed Shaun Dixon their fastest finisher in 24:39.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 4 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 5 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 6 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 7 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 8 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 9 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 10 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
Jon Laybourn (ninth, 26:22), Henry Dodwell (14th, 26:47), Stephen Whiting (16th, 27:06) and Oliver Kean (17th, 27:13) were also inside the top 20.