Magic McKinlay records hat-trick for Highgate Harriers in first Division Two match
- Credit: Archant
Ryan McKinlay recorded a hat-trick of victories for Highgate Harriers at Perivale in their first Southern League match since promotion to Division Two.
McKinlay won the 1500m in a time of four minutes 8.7 seconds, as well as the 5,000m (15:27.08) and the 2,000m steeplechase in 6:53.64 as Harriers came in fourth with a respectable tally of 131 points.
Highgate’s other successes all came in the women’s events, where Under-20 runner Hannah Viner won both the 800m (2:22.37) and the 1500m steeplechase (5:20.01).
Nina Anderson triumphed in the 400m (1:00.78), while the 4x400m relay quartet – Gemma Rous, Viner, Alima Diabate and Georgia Fear – ran out comfortable winners in 4:12.84.
Rous was also victorious in the B string 800m (2:23.90), with Laura Warren taking the B 400m (1:03.67).
You may also want to watch:
The next league match takes place at Hemel Hempstead on Saturday May 17.
Elsewhere, Highgate were team winners in the Victoria Park five-mile road race on Saturday, with fourth-placed Shaun Dixon their fastest finisher in 24:39.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 4 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 5 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 6 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 7 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 8 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 9 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
Jon Laybourn (ninth, 26:22), Henry Dodwell (14th, 26:47), Stephen Whiting (16th, 27:06) and Oliver Kean (17th, 27:13) were also inside the top 20.