Manning stars as Islington side overcome Kennington Generals
- Credit: Archant
Juan Manning racked up 14 points to secure victory for Access2Sports Under-25s as they overturned a half-time deficit to beat Kennington Generals 53-46 in the Community Basketball League.
A2s have dominated the league so far, but they were given a stern test by the Generals and held a narrow 9-7 lead at the end of the first quarter thanks to the efforts of Alex Sappa, Pedro Hounam and player-coach Ibrahim Khalid.
Kennington had the better of the second period and emerged with a 21-19 lead, but the Islington side responded well in the third.
Khalid and Manning took control, knocking down a three, followed by a slam dunk from both Sappa and Kayne Miller in the final minutes of the game as A2S closed out the game with a seven-point victory.
“That game was close throughout and so it was important for us to come away with the win,” said Manning.
You may also want to watch:
“Playing basketball and being a part of the league helps you learn and we’re going to work on our defence to get better for next time we play.”
The Community Basketball League is run by the London School of Basketball in partnership with Reach and Teach. For more information, contact email@example.com
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 3 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 4 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 5 Former Islington BC Slavisa Gegic fighter visits his old club
- 6 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 7 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 8 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 9 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 10 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket