Manning stars as Islington side overcome Kennington Generals
- Credit: Archant
Juan Manning racked up 14 points to secure victory for Access2Sports Under-25s as they overturned a half-time deficit to beat Kennington Generals 53-46 in the Community Basketball League.
A2s have dominated the league so far, but they were given a stern test by the Generals and held a narrow 9-7 lead at the end of the first quarter thanks to the efforts of Alex Sappa, Pedro Hounam and player-coach Ibrahim Khalid.
Kennington had the better of the second period and emerged with a 21-19 lead, but the Islington side responded well in the third.
Khalid and Manning took control, knocking down a three, followed by a slam dunk from both Sappa and Kayne Miller in the final minutes of the game as A2S closed out the game with a seven-point victory.
“That game was close throughout and so it was important for us to come away with the win,” said Manning.
You may also want to watch:
“Playing basketball and being a part of the league helps you learn and we’re going to work on our defence to get better for next time we play.”
The Community Basketball League is run by the London School of Basketball in partnership with Reach and Teach. For more information, contact email@example.com
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller