Meet Lewis Moody at Fox on the Green
- Credit: Archant
Former England captain to visit Islington hotspot
Former England rugby captain Lewis Moody will be giving words of wisdom on their RBS 6Nations performance so far to locals at The Fox on the Green in Islington on Wednesday, March 15 while raising money for charity and offering prizes such as a trip to Dublin!
The event kicks off at 6.30pm and Moody will be answering questions from budding players as well as die-hard fans in a chance to quiz him on the squad facing Ireland and what tactics he thinks are necessary to win.
The Fox on the Green pub, renowned for its sports following, is selling 200 tickets priced £10 each, which include a pint of Guinness or Hop House 13 and free buffet at the reception.
Tickets are guaranteed by pre-purchase at the Fox on the Green with remaining tickets available on the night subject to availability.
You may also want to watch:
Proceeds of the tickets will be split between local children’s hospice Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice, supporting children with life limiting and life threatening conditions, and The Lewis Moody Foundation.
A charity auction with a signed England rugby top, a signed rugby ball, two tickets to an autumn international game and a trip to Dublin with a tour of the Guinness brewery will be up for grabs.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 10 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
Moody will be sharing his opinion of England’s first four games during the RBS 6Nations, who he thinks should form the Lions team boarding the plane to New Zealand in June and of course advise on arguably their hardest game yet, against Ireland in Dublin on March 18.
There will also be opportunities for photos as Moody tries his hand at pouring the perfect pint of Guinness: can the legendary blindside flanker rise to the challenge?