Meet Lewis Moody at Fox on the Green
- Credit: Archant
Former England captain to visit Islington hotspot
Former England rugby captain Lewis Moody will be giving words of wisdom on their RBS 6Nations performance so far to locals at The Fox on the Green in Islington on Wednesday, March 15 while raising money for charity and offering prizes such as a trip to Dublin!
The event kicks off at 6.30pm and Moody will be answering questions from budding players as well as die-hard fans in a chance to quiz him on the squad facing Ireland and what tactics he thinks are necessary to win.
The Fox on the Green pub, renowned for its sports following, is selling 200 tickets priced £10 each, which include a pint of Guinness or Hop House 13 and free buffet at the reception.
Tickets are guaranteed by pre-purchase at the Fox on the Green with remaining tickets available on the night subject to availability.
You may also want to watch:
Proceeds of the tickets will be split between local children’s hospice Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice, supporting children with life limiting and life threatening conditions, and The Lewis Moody Foundation.
A charity auction with a signed England rugby top, a signed rugby ball, two tickets to an autumn international game and a trip to Dublin with a tour of the Guinness brewery will be up for grabs.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 5 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
Moody will be sharing his opinion of England’s first four games during the RBS 6Nations, who he thinks should form the Lions team boarding the plane to New Zealand in June and of course advise on arguably their hardest game yet, against Ireland in Dublin on March 18.
There will also be opportunities for photos as Moody tries his hand at pouring the perfect pint of Guinness: can the legendary blindside flanker rise to the challenge?