Middlesex CCC v Glamorgan CCC Update – England’s Dawid Malan out for 25 as Seaxes reach 64-3 before rain break
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Glamorgan’s bowlers gave their side the upper hand on a rain-affected first morning of their Specsavers County Championship clash against Middlesex at Lord’s.
Visiting skipper Michael Hogan put the home side in, but only a single over could be bowled before rain held up play for more than an hour.
However, Lukas Carey soon found some movement from the Pavilion End and made the initial breakthrough by having Max Holden (7) caught behind.
Sam Robson (17) carved successive boundaries on the off-side before Hogan brought himself on and pierced the Middlesex opener’s defences with only his second ball.
Stevie Eskinazi (14*) and Dawid Malan (4*) saw the home side through to lunch at 46-2.
You may also want to watch:
However, not long after the delayed afternoon session began Malan was caught at second slip by Nick Selman off Hogan for 25, before, moments later the rain started to fall again after moving the score onto 64-3.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 7 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'