Middlesex CCC v Glamorgan CCC Update – England’s Dawid Malan out for 25 as Seaxes reach 64-3 before rain break
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Glamorgan’s bowlers gave their side the upper hand on a rain-affected first morning of their Specsavers County Championship clash against Middlesex at Lord’s.
Visiting skipper Michael Hogan put the home side in, but only a single over could be bowled before rain held up play for more than an hour.
However, Lukas Carey soon found some movement from the Pavilion End and made the initial breakthrough by having Max Holden (7) caught behind.
Sam Robson (17) carved successive boundaries on the off-side before Hogan brought himself on and pierced the Middlesex opener’s defences with only his second ball.
Stevie Eskinazi (14*) and Dawid Malan (4*) saw the home side through to lunch at 46-2.
You may also want to watch:
However, not long after the delayed afternoon session began Malan was caught at second slip by Nick Selman off Hogan for 25, before, moments later the rain started to fall again after moving the score onto 64-3.
- 1 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 9 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 10 Tony Eastlake: Man in court over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller