Middlesex County League: Contrasting emotions for Hornsey, North London and South Hampstead last weekend
- Credit: Archant
North London and South Hampstead will do battle this weekend in Division Three while Division Two outfit Hornsey visit Wycombe House
Hornsey travel to Wycombe House this weekend looking to maintain their strong start to the Middlesex County League Division Two season.
The Tivoli Road outfit earned a narrow two-run victory last Saturday at home to Harrow St Marys.
Garfield Struthers won the toss and batted first and the hosts scored 231-2 from their 45 overs.
Liam O’Hare finished 91 not out while Joe Crane hit 69 and both James Bull (34) and Jack Goldberg (24*) made decisive contributions.
You may also want to watch:
It proved enough in the end as 2-60 from O’Hare, plus 2-37 from Goldberg, helped defend the total and restrict visiting Harrow St Marys to 229-6.
In Division Three, North London suffered another loss, this time by 57 runs, at home to Acton last weekend.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 6 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 7 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 8 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 9 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 10 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
The visitors batted first and made 207-7 from their 45 overs as Sam Bardon’s fine effort of 4-37 kept them in check.
North London were all out for 150 though, and will hope for better away to basement club South Hampstead on Saturday.
South Hampstead lost by 102 runs at Bretham last weekend after they were dismissed for 153 trying to chase down 256.