Middlesex County League Division Three: Crouch End aim to extend unbeaten record ahead of Indian Gymkhana trip
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
The Calthorpe club have enjoyed a stunning start to life back in the Middlesex County League and don’t want it to stop
Crouch End are looking to keep hold of their unbeaten tag ahead of visiting Indian Gymkhana in the Middlesex County League Division Three this weekend.
Hiren Desai’s team claimed another victory on Saturday, this time at home to Uxbridge after dismissing the visitors for 132.
Crouch End batted first and openers Pratik Patel (46) and Jalpesh Vijay (46) attempted to lay the foundations for a big total at Calthorpe, but the next best score was 28 from Amandeep Dhaliwal as the hosts ended up on 206-7.
It was still too much for Uxbridge to chase as Desai saw a number of his bowlers take wickets in the 74-run Division Three victory.
You may also want to watch:
Ryan Cunningham (2-8), Chetan Depala (2-28) and Dhaliwal (2-28) all chipped in with two scalps each to keep the north Londoner outfit unbeaten and joint top of the table with 31 points.
Crouch End will be hoping to make it four wins out of five on Saturday when they entertain eighth-placed side Indian Gymkhana.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 3 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 4 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 £1.5m revamp of Stroud Green Primary School given go-ahead
- 7 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close
- 8 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 9 'Holborn isn't the only dangerous junction for cyclists and pedestrians'
- 10 Arsenal’s Beth Mead named in WSL team of the week