Middlesex County League Division Three: Crouch End aim to extend unbeaten record ahead of Indian Gymkhana trip
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
The Calthorpe club have enjoyed a stunning start to life back in the Middlesex County League and don’t want it to stop
Crouch End are looking to keep hold of their unbeaten tag ahead of visiting Indian Gymkhana in the Middlesex County League Division Three this weekend.
Hiren Desai’s team claimed another victory on Saturday, this time at home to Uxbridge after dismissing the visitors for 132.
Crouch End batted first and openers Pratik Patel (46) and Jalpesh Vijay (46) attempted to lay the foundations for a big total at Calthorpe, but the next best score was 28 from Amandeep Dhaliwal as the hosts ended up on 206-7.
It was still too much for Uxbridge to chase as Desai saw a number of his bowlers take wickets in the 74-run Division Three victory.
You may also want to watch:
Ryan Cunningham (2-8), Chetan Depala (2-28) and Dhaliwal (2-28) all chipped in with two scalps each to keep the north Londoner outfit unbeaten and joint top of the table with 31 points.
Crouch End will be hoping to make it four wins out of five on Saturday when they entertain eighth-placed side Indian Gymkhana.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 8 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller