Middlesex cricketers raise festive funds with catchathon
- Credit: Archant
The Middlesex CC Elite Player Development squad completed a 12-hour catchathon to raise money for Christmas presents for hospital patients.
The young cricketers, aged 16 to 18, completed over 7,500 catches of a cricket ball through the night from 7pm until 7am on Wednesday.
And the players went to the oncology and neo-natal wards at Barnet Hospital to hand out gifts to children and spread some festive cheer.
Organisers of the appeal explained on the JustGiving page: “The aim isthe funds raised will be divided through the player group equally so they purchase gifts, which they will be giving to the parent, child or staff member on our visit.”
Donors left messages of support, with one posting: “Well done Middlesex boys, lovely thing to do for the local hospital.”
You may also want to watch:
They have raised £3,612 so far and anyone wanting to donate can go to justgiving.com/crowdfunding/middlesexepghospitalvisit.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 5 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 6 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 7 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 10 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers