Middlesex cricketers raise festive funds with catchathon
- Credit: Archant
The Middlesex CC Elite Player Development squad completed a 12-hour catchathon to raise money for Christmas presents for hospital patients.
The young cricketers, aged 16 to 18, completed over 7,500 catches of a cricket ball through the night from 7pm until 7am on Wednesday.
And the players went to the oncology and neo-natal wards at Barnet Hospital to hand out gifts to children and spread some festive cheer.
Organisers of the appeal explained on the JustGiving page: “The aim isthe funds raised will be divided through the player group equally so they purchase gifts, which they will be giving to the parent, child or staff member on our visit.”
Donors left messages of support, with one posting: “Well done Middlesex boys, lovely thing to do for the local hospital.”
You may also want to watch:
They have raised £3,612 so far and anyone wanting to donate can go to justgiving.com/crowdfunding/middlesexepghospitalvisit.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting