Middlesex duo among wickets for England U19s
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Middlesex youngsters Ethan Bamber and Luke Hollman got among the wickets as England under-19s beat Ireland in their opening warm-up match ahead of the World Cup in New Zealand.
Centuries from captain Harry Brook and vice captain Will Jacks led England to a mammoth 372-6 in Christchurch, before they dismissed Ireland for 247.
Bamber produced an accurate spell with the new ball and struck in his very first over, finding the edge of Jamie Grassi’s bat for the breakthrough.
He finished with figures of 1-39 from nine overs and leg-spinner Hollman nabbed 2-63 from 10 overs later in the innings as England won by 125 runs.
England are due to meet Sri Lanka in another warm-up match on Thursday, before moving on to Queenstown for their first tournament match against Namibia on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
Middlesex’s Jack Davies and Savin Perera are also in the squad to face Bangladesh and Canada in their group.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 10 Tony Eastlake: Man in court over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller