Middlesex duo among wickets for England U19s
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Middlesex youngsters Ethan Bamber and Luke Hollman got among the wickets as England under-19s beat Ireland in their opening warm-up match ahead of the World Cup in New Zealand.
Centuries from captain Harry Brook and vice captain Will Jacks led England to a mammoth 372-6 in Christchurch, before they dismissed Ireland for 247.
Bamber produced an accurate spell with the new ball and struck in his very first over, finding the edge of Jamie Grassi’s bat for the breakthrough.
He finished with figures of 1-39 from nine overs and leg-spinner Hollman nabbed 2-63 from 10 overs later in the innings as England won by 125 runs.
England are due to meet Sri Lanka in another warm-up match on Thursday, before moving on to Queenstown for their first tournament match against Namibia on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
Middlesex’s Jack Davies and Savin Perera are also in the squad to face Bangladesh and Canada in their group.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 4 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 7 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'