Middlesex League Premier Division: Brondesbury set for crunch clash with Stanmore
- Credit: Archant
Local club will aim to move away from relegation zone by winning on home soil against Stanmore
Brondesbury’s hopes of survival in the Middlesex League Premier Division can take a massive boost when they are due to host fellow strugglers Stanmore this weekend.
They go into the game 17 points clear of Saturday’s opponents, with Stanmore occupying the final relegation spot in the division after their match at home to Hampstead was called off last weekend without a ball being bowled due to poor weather.
Brondesbury’s fixture last weekend at league leaders Ealing was abandoned, with the visitors having made 78-4 from 29.3 overs, which was enough to pick up a point.
They had looked in trouble at one stage as they were reduced to 38-4 against a side who have yet to taste defeat from their opening 12 league matches.
You may also want to watch:
But that was until Sasha Ward (29) and Jordan Bethel (nine) came to the crease and steadied any nerves before rain forced play to a premature end.
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 4 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 7 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 8 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 9 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 10 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator