Middlesex League Premier Division: Brondesbury set for crunch clash with Stanmore
- Credit: Archant
Local club will aim to move away from relegation zone by winning on home soil against Stanmore
Brondesbury’s hopes of survival in the Middlesex League Premier Division can take a massive boost when they are due to host fellow strugglers Stanmore this weekend.
They go into the game 17 points clear of Saturday’s opponents, with Stanmore occupying the final relegation spot in the division after their match at home to Hampstead was called off last weekend without a ball being bowled due to poor weather.
Brondesbury’s fixture last weekend at league leaders Ealing was abandoned, with the visitors having made 78-4 from 29.3 overs, which was enough to pick up a point.
They had looked in trouble at one stage as they were reduced to 38-4 against a side who have yet to taste defeat from their opening 12 league matches.
You may also want to watch:
But that was until Sasha Ward (29) and Jordan Bethel (nine) came to the crease and steadied any nerves before rain forced play to a premature end.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Islington shooting victim named
- 9 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
- 10 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington