Middlesex name 14-man squad for T20 opener
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
New head coach Vettori makes first picks
New Middlesex T20 head coach Daniel Vettori has named a 14-man squad for their Natwest Blast opener against Gloucester today (Friday, 2.30pm).
And fellow New Zealand international Brendon McCullum will captain the side at Cheltenham, as Tim Southee is also included.
Middlesex go into the shorter format buoyed by a tense one-wicket win over Warwickshire in the Specsavers County Championship, but have yet to beat Gloucestershire in 10 of their T20 meetings since 2003.
England one-day captain Eoin Morgan is also back in club colours, alongside Toby Roland-Jones, who has been released from the Test squad facing South Africa at Lord’s.
You may also want to watch:
Youngsters Tom Helm, Tom Barber and George Scott also feature, with Ravi Patel and Nathan Sowter providing front-line spin options, with Paul Stirling and Dawid Malan offering support.
Stephen Eskinazi goes into the match on the back of a career-best first-class score of 179 at Edgbaston, while Ryan Higgins also set a new mark during the successful run chase against the Bears.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 7 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 10 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
Middlesex host Surrey at Lord’s in their first home fixture of the competition next Thursday (July 13, 6.15pm).
Middlesex: McCullum, Barberk, Eskinazi, Helm, Higgins, Malan, Morgan, Patel, Roland-Jones, Scott, Simpson, Southee, Sowter, Stirling.