Middlesex spinner Rayner joins Hampshire on one-month loan
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Experienced off-spinner makes temporary switch to the Ageas Bowl
Middlesex off-spinner Ollie Rayner has joined Hampshire on a one-month loan deal.
The 32-year-old has made the temporary switch to the Ageas Bowl to provide cover for the injured Mason Crane and Liam Dawson, who is on England Lions duty.
Having struggled for game time with Middlesex in recent weeks, Rayner will hope the loan move will bring regular cricket.
As with a lot of loan agreements this is a win-win situation for both Middlesex and Ollie,” Middlesex’s managing director of cricket Angus Fraser told the club website.
You may also want to watch:
“Having chosen to pick Ravi Patel ahead of Ollie this week, Ollie was extremely keen to play some first-class cricket, and Hampshire’s predicament has allowed this to happen.
“Should Middlesex’s situation change we have the right to recall Ollie to the club.”
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 3 Islington shooting victim named
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 6 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 7 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
Rayner will hope to use the loan spell to prove to the Middlesex selectors why he should be in the starting XI when he returns.