Middlesex spinner Rayner joins Hampshire on one-month loan
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Experienced off-spinner makes temporary switch to the Ageas Bowl
Middlesex off-spinner Ollie Rayner has joined Hampshire on a one-month loan deal.
The 32-year-old has made the temporary switch to the Ageas Bowl to provide cover for the injured Mason Crane and Liam Dawson, who is on England Lions duty.
Having struggled for game time with Middlesex in recent weeks, Rayner will hope the loan move will bring regular cricket.
As with a lot of loan agreements this is a win-win situation for both Middlesex and Ollie,” Middlesex’s managing director of cricket Angus Fraser told the club website.
You may also want to watch:
“Having chosen to pick Ravi Patel ahead of Ollie this week, Ollie was extremely keen to play some first-class cricket, and Hampshire’s predicament has allowed this to happen.
“Should Middlesex’s situation change we have the right to recall Ollie to the club.”
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 10 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
Rayner will hope to use the loan spell to prove to the Middlesex selectors why he should be in the starting XI when he returns.