Cricket: Middlesex’s Eskinazi delighted with first century
- Credit: Nick Wood/TGS Photo
Middlesex batsman Stevie Eskinazi was delighted to do his bit to help his side beat Gloucestershire at Lord’s in the Royal London One-Day Cup on Sunday.
Eskinazi hit an unbeaten 107 off 97 balls as the home side successful chased a target of 284 to win by six wickets, following their success at Essex on Good Friday.
And after putting on an unbroken 184-run stand with Nick Gubbins, who finished 98 not out, Eskinazi said: “We knew it was a good wicket from the way (James) Bracey played for them and we thought we did really well to restrict them at the back end.
“Conditions were still in the batsmen’s favour with the way the ball races away here at Lord’s and we knew if we built a partnership, we would have a chance if we took it deep enough and Gubbo (Nick Gubbins) came in and was straight into his work.
“The century was really pleasing. With the conditions the way they were, when you are in and seeing it well, with that short boundary, it was nice to be able to knock a few around and it was a situation I’ve not been in in List A cricket so it was nice to get the knock in the bag.”
You may also want to watch:
Bracey (83) top scored for the visitors but his departure, making it 212-4 in the 36th over, saw their scorinng rate slow.
Tim Murtagh (2-40) and Toby Roland-Jones (2-59) nabbed braces for Middlesex, who visit Hampshire on Tuesday.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 3 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 4 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 5 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 6 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 9 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 10 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month