Boxing: Mixed results for Islington BC on RAF show
- Credit: Archant
Islington Boxing Club had mixed fortunes on the RAF show at Brize Norton on Thursday.
Joseph Burton (64kg) faced 3 Para Pte Pardoe, having just returned from the club's trip to Jersey.
And he started brightly, looking for a big shot to finish Pardoe, who upped his work rate in the second round.
Burton was caught by a big right and given a standing eight count in the final round, but was declared the winner on a split decision for his second win in a week.
George Ekezie (82kg) was unlucky to be on the wrong end of a split decision against 3 Para Pte Farrow, after winning the first round with a busy display, throwing and landing many punches.
You may also want to watch:
Farrow had a better second round, but it seemed the Islington boxer was doing much more work with straight shots and hooks.
It was a similar story in the final round, but Farrow had his arm raised in victory after the final bell.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Islington shooting victim named
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head