Boxing: Mixed results for Islington BC on RAF show
- Credit: Archant
Islington Boxing Club had mixed fortunes on the RAF show at Brize Norton on Thursday.
Joseph Burton (64kg) faced 3 Para Pte Pardoe, having just returned from the club's trip to Jersey.
And he started brightly, looking for a big shot to finish Pardoe, who upped his work rate in the second round.
Burton was caught by a big right and given a standing eight count in the final round, but was declared the winner on a split decision for his second win in a week.
George Ekezie (82kg) was unlucky to be on the wrong end of a split decision against 3 Para Pte Farrow, after winning the first round with a busy display, throwing and landing many punches.
You may also want to watch:
Farrow had a better second round, but it seemed the Islington boxer was doing much more work with straight shots and hooks.
It was a similar story in the final round, but Farrow had his arm raised in victory after the final bell.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 3 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 4 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 5 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 6 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey