Boxing: Mixed results for Islington BC on RAF show
- Credit: Archant
Islington Boxing Club had mixed fortunes on the RAF show at Brize Norton on Thursday.
Joseph Burton (64kg) faced 3 Para Pte Pardoe, having just returned from the club's trip to Jersey.
And he started brightly, looking for a big shot to finish Pardoe, who upped his work rate in the second round.
Burton was caught by a big right and given a standing eight count in the final round, but was declared the winner on a split decision for his second win in a week.
George Ekezie (82kg) was unlucky to be on the wrong end of a split decision against 3 Para Pte Farrow, after winning the first round with a busy display, throwing and landing many punches.
You may also want to watch:
Farrow had a better second round, but it seemed the Islington boxer was doing much more work with straight shots and hooks.
It was a similar story in the final round, but Farrow had his arm raised in victory after the final bell.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 6 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 7 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 8 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 9 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 10 Whittington patients increase as Covid 'major incident' declared in London