Boxing: Mixed results for Islington BC on RAF show
- Credit: Archant
Islington Boxing Club had mixed fortunes on the RAF show at Brize Norton on Thursday.
Joseph Burton (64kg) faced 3 Para Pte Pardoe, having just returned from the club's trip to Jersey.
And he started brightly, looking for a big shot to finish Pardoe, who upped his work rate in the second round.
Burton was caught by a big right and given a standing eight count in the final round, but was declared the winner on a split decision for his second win in a week.
George Ekezie (82kg) was unlucky to be on the wrong end of a split decision against 3 Para Pte Farrow, after winning the first round with a busy display, throwing and landing many punches.
You may also want to watch:
Farrow had a better second round, but it seemed the Islington boxer was doing much more work with straight shots and hooks.
It was a similar story in the final round, but Farrow had his arm raised in victory after the final bell.
- 1 ‘Absolute disgrace’: Heating and hot water issues plague two estates
- 2 LTNs, census, carers and run for Macmillan
- 3 Learning in lockdown: Homeschooling in Islington after move from America
- 4 NOcado campaign: Ocado brings High Court challenge
- 5 Covid rule warning issued after spate of parties in Islington
- 6 Seventh man charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 7 Junction Road collision: Man arrested on suspicion of drink driving
- 8 Swimmers in Hackney and Islington raise money to save their club
- 9 Three strikes and you're out: Jail term for drug dealer
- 10 ‘Behind the Badge’: Meet Highbury East’s neighbourhood officer