Darts: N19 see off Slattery’s in thriller
- Credit: Archant
N19 reignited their ailing season in the Archway League by edging out Slattery’s 9-6 in a contest that will live long in the memory.
Jimmy Galvin spearheaded a strong start for the winners with a maximum, while Mark Butler landed a fine 17-dart leg to seal a fifth victory of the season after a below-par start.
Doyles ruthlessly made it six wins out of six, led by Scott Robinson, at Sheephaven Bay.
And a glorious 12-3 victory by the visitors saw them rise to the top of the standings.
A high-octane encounter at Royal Oak saw the home side fall to a 10th loss in 11 outings as they were edged out 8-7 by champions Kennedy's to remain down in ninth place.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, the Old Oak flexed their squad depth to ease past Robert Peel by a 13-2 margin, with Mickey Davies' outstanding level of cover-shooting helping to condemn the losers to their 11th successive defeat this term.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 7 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 8 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 9 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 10 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'